Program, Process and Benefits
Additional resources and examples are included in the Guidance document. As more Departments of Health participate in this program, additional examples and tips will be provided.
AFPHS Recognition Program Basics
- All state, territorial, local and tribal health departments are eligible
- Recognize the work of health departments that prioritize older adult health
- Accomplishment of 10 action steps
- TFAH provides guidance, tools, training, resources
- Easy enrollment and reporting
- Many ways to accomplish the steps
- Have two years to achieve all 10 steps
For an overview of the program, please view a recording of our kick-off webinar and our training session about the program.
Benefits of the Program
- Feature in the AFPHS newsletter and on the AFPHS website
- Access to TFAH materials, trainings, and one-on-one assistance
- Certificate of Recognition and approval to use the AFPHS Recognition badge on websites, email and social media
- Recognition of having achieved expertise and competency in an emerging public health issue
- Advantages to health departments seeking public or private funding for their AFPHS work
- Establishes a path for health departments to more fully achieve their mission of serving their population
After you are enrolled in the program, use this form to report your progress.